Two sessions on Friday afternoon at the 2023 SABCS® will distill notable recent developments in breast cancer research and clinical practice into four hours of must-attend presentations.
SABCS Co-Directors Virginia Kaklamani, MD, and Carlos Arteaga, MD, will lead the Year in Review from 2:40 p.m. – 4:40 p.m. in the Stars at Night Ballroom 1-2. An expert panel will review impactful, paradigm-shifting breast cancer research published in the past year.
Heide L. Ford, PhD, Professor and CU Medicine Endowed Chair in Pharmacology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, will review key advances in basic science that may lead to clinical breakthroughs.
Jennifer K. Richer, PhD, Professor of Pathology at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, will summarize key developments in translational research.
Ann Partridge, MD, MPH, Vice Chair of Medical Oncology at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, will highlight the most important findings in early breast cancer.
Mariana Chavez Mac Gregor, MD, MSC, FASCO, Professor at UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, will focus on key papers in advanced breast cancer.
A short wine-and-cheese break will follow, from 4:40 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. in Stars at Night Ballroom 3-4, before the start of another highly anticipated session.
View from the Trenches: What to do Monday Morning, from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. in Stars at Night Ballroom 3-4, will help attendees understand how findings presented at this year’s SABCS® could have an immediate impact back home.
Sara M. Tolaney, MD, MPH, Associate Professor of Medicine at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, will moderate a panel discussion. Seven experts will offer their perspectives and answers to some of attendees most-pressing questions:
- William E. Barlow, PhD, Senior Statistician at SWOG Statistics and Data Management Center at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Institute
- Javier Cortes Castan, MD, PhD, Head of the Breast Cancer Program at the International Breast Cancer Center
- Lesley K. Glenn, BS, Founder of Project Life
- Joyce O’Shaughnessy, MD, Breast Cancer Research Co-Chair at Baylor University Medical Center
- Alastair M. Thompson, MD, Professor of Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine
- Richard Zellars, MD, MBA, Professor and Chair of the Department of Radiation Oncology at Indiana University