On behalf of the SABCS Executive and Program Planning Committees, welcome to the 2022 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium and what promises to be an important and informative week of interaction, communication, and education. Over the course of the week, you will have the opportunity to hear about new and late-breaking research in breast cancer and pre-malignant breast disease and network with researchers, academics, practitioners, patients, and patient advocates from around the world.
“We are very excited for this year’s SABCS. The scientific program is filled with practice-changing clinical trials, and the translational research presented this year has the potential to lead to innovative clinical trials that will shape future therapies,” said SABCS Co-Director Virginia G. Kaklamani, MD. “We hope you enjoy the program and thank you for coming to San Antonio!”
The program kicks off Tuesday morning at 8:00 am CT with this year’s Clinical Research Workshop (Stars at Night Ballroom 1&2) and Basic Science Workshop (Stars at Night Ballroom 3&4), setting the stage for some of the most important clinical and basic science research findings that will be presented and discussed over the course of the meeting.
Tuesday’s program also includes two Special Sessions, both beginning at 12:00 pm CT. Big Data and Health Equity (Stars at Night Ballroom 1&2) features a diverse, multidisciplinary panel of patient advocates, health care professionals, and other stakeholders who will participate in an important panel discussion on health equity and the responsible use of patient data in health care. Overcoming the Big Obstacles to Find Solutions for Breast Cancer (Hall 3) brings together a panel of renowned researchers who will explore some of the biggest challenges, and potential solutions, in breast cancer research.
Other highlights of Tuesday’s program include:
- Educational Session: Living with Metastatic Breast Cancer – 10:00 am – 12:00 pm CT – Stars at Night Ballroom 3&4
- Educational Session: Local Therapy: Best Breast Practice – 10:00 am – 12:00 pm CT – Hemisfair Ballroom 1&2
- Educational Session: New Agents Targeting HRD in Breast Cancer – 10:00 am – 12:00 pm CT – Hemisfair Ballroom 3
- Educational Session: Predictive Value of Treatment Response and Residual Disease After Neoadjuvant Therapy – 10:00 am – 12:00 pm CT – Stars at Night Ballroom 1&2
- General Session #1 – 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm CT – Hall 3
- Poster Session #1 – 5:00 pm – 6:15 pm CT – Hall 1
- Spotlight Poster Discussion Session #1: Racial Outcomes and Disparities – 5:00 pm – 6:15 pm – Hemisfair Ballroom 1&2
- Spotlight Poster Discussion Session #2: Tumor Immunology and Novel Immune Therapy Strategies – 5:00 pm – 6:15 pm – Stars at Night Ballrooms 1&2
- Spotlight Poster Discussion Session #3: New Radiation Techniques – 5:00 pm – 6:15 pm – Stars at Night Ballrooms 3&4
Check out the SABCS Final Program Book for detailed session information and listings of all of this year’s abstract and poster presentations, and stay tuned to SABCSMeetingNews.org for session previews, live coverage, meeting info, and more!
Health and Wellness at #SABCS22
SABCS recommends that all in-person meeting attendees:
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 and other recommended adult vaccinations.
- Take a rapid COVID test prior to attending a meeting and do not attend in person if you test positive.
- Do not attend the meeting if you have symptoms that could be consistent with a “cold” or any other respiratory infection and leave the meeting if you develop such symptoms.
- Wear a mask in crowded indoor settings.
- Review current CDC and applicable local guidance for protecting yourself from COVID-19.
Additional information about on-site safety protocols will be posted as it becomes available.